Framework for Analyzing & Planning the Strength Training
I have been extensively studying planning of the strength training, and the article series that resulted from that effort and which cover the “traditional” approach are the following:
- Concurrent Strategies in Strength Training – Part 1
- Concurrent Strategies in Strength Training – Part 2
- Planning the Strength Training – Part 1
- Planning the Strength Training – Part 2
- Planning the Strength Training – Part 3
- Percent-based training vs. Auto-regulatory? Can they be complementary?
- ‘Non-Periodized Programs’ – Are They Really Non-Periodized?
- Set and rep schemes in strength training
- Intensity-Effort Table for Strength Training
- Horizontal and Vertical Variations in Strength Training
- Reconciling Sheiko and Westside
- Planning the Strength Training – The Addendum
- 5/3/1 Forever Book Review
When it comes to “non-traditional” approaches (besides Velocity Based Training), such as daily undulating frameworks and “non-divisible” approaches, here are the articles that cover those topics:
- Podcast #2: Mike Zourdos on Strength Training
- Undulating Programming
- More Advanced Daily Undulating Programming
- Planning and Programming Strength Training Using DUP Approach
- Daily Undulating Framework (DUF)
What does the video below attempts to do is to reconcile everything written about above using few very simple tools. That way, it represents very pragmatic and agile tool for planning and analyzing strength training programs. To find out more take a look at the slides on SlideShare website.
The video is available to members only so please consider becoming a member of the Complementary Training.
In addition to instant access, get one of our best selling products Annual Planner for Sports or Strength Card Builder for FREE. All members that are in our community for at least three months, will receive a gift of their own preference. We are inviting you to become a member of Complementary Training. Start your membership today for $1 only »