The Best of Complementary Training in 2016
The 2016 was a weird year I must say – there were some major changes in my life, but I must admit I was quite prolific with Complementary Training writing and I managed to finally outline some of my ideas in a concrete form. I’ve outlined some of my ideas regarding Agile Periodization, Daily Undulating Framework, improved my skills in R and predictive modeling, sketched the scheduling and survey app that is in the making (and should be available hopefully before March, 2017) and should help coaches a lot in organizing sessions, groups of athletes and collecting subjective data from the athletes. There is definitely nothing similar on the market as we speak.
Sometimes I feel I did the jack shit, but once you enlist all the things you managed to do, I do feel much more productive (and a bit proud). I hope too keep up with this pace in 2017, but I must admit that I am more and more struggling with my neo-generalist nature (thanks to Stuart McMillan for suggesting the book which I started reading). I will focus more on starting the LLC and developing couple of apps, and I am afraid that something will have to give.
Anyway, here is my list of the best articles of Complementary Training in 2016:
- What Do You Need to Know as a Sport Scientist Besides Sport Science (Addendum)
- New Exercise Classification
- Managing (High) Performance Teams Using Scrumban Boards
- Agile Periodization: Concepts and Ideas
- Grand Unified Theory of Sport Performance
- Undulating Programming
- Minimum Viable Performance: Concept and Application in Training
- Testing and Training Agility in Sports
- Planning the Strength Training
- 6 Weeks Running Program for Soccer Players
- Planning and Programming Strength Training Using DUP Approach
- Daily Undulating Framework (DUF)
- DUP Program Template Builder v4.0
- Testing Endurance for Team Sport Athletes
- What Equipment to Get and How to Organize Your Facility?