Bosco Jump mat - Complementary Training

Bosco Jump mat

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mm Mladen Jovanovic 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 31/10/2014 at 21:36 #15880

I am interested in possibly purchasing a jump mat from chronojump to perform various test including Bosco test’s for my athletes. I am curious what thoughts anyone may have on this product.Or has anyone purchased this product from this company.

For some reason they want a transfer of funds instead of a paypal or another way to purchase product. This seems odd to me and am not sure if this is a legit company.

mm
    31/10/2014 at 22:40 #15894

I have used it. Decent equipment for that money and software is pretty useful and simple to use. Money transfer? Yeah, I’ve asked the same question. But they did send the shipment both times 🙂 So, yes, legit company.

31/10/2014 at 23:04 #15895

Awesome, thanks Mladen and I have to tell you very pleased with your website and the information you have provided.

01/11/2014 at 01:07 #15918

Mladen when you tested with Bosco jump mat was it pretty consistent as long as the athlete was performing jumps correctly?
    Do you still use it periodically for any of your testing?

mm
    01/11/2014 at 20:32 #15927

Thanks Brian. Appreciate the feedback.

What I would do is I would calculate typical variation (e.g. test athlete over multiple days) and use that as gauge of the real change. As you can read from the recent interview by Rob Gathercole, height might not be so sensitive to NMF. Unfortunately, not much you can do extra with simple jump mat. Potential solution might be to use drop jump and RSI – Reactive Strength Index. This might be more sensitive, although different authors say it is not reliable. The question is how did they estimated sensitivity and reliability?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.