How to analyze Movement Screen tests? - Complementary Training

How to analyze Movement Screen tests?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mm Mladen Jovanovic 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • mm
    28/04/2014 at 19:47 #14909

In the recent post I shared the movement screen we designed and implemented. The question now is how to analyze the data and make real life decisions on it?

What do we need to get from the analysis in the first place? In my (current) opinion we need these:

1. Identify groups of athletes with similar problems/issues
    2. Identify latent factors behind the movement screen

Both of them are related to identifying the buckets in movement screen. Even if we managed to get individualized plans for each athlete screened, most of them will fall into a bucket (e.g. lack of mobility, lack of control, etc). We need to identify those buckets (group of athletes with similar issues).

Full blog post HERE

10/11/2014 at 03:20 #15950

Mladen your skills with gathering this kind of data for study is impressive and I wished I had this knowledge.The clusters you showed are a great tool to see what needs improvement as a whole. My question is after seeing this data how will you make the necessary adjustments to manage injuries and improve performance?
    With you for example working with soccer and limited time would you just adjust warm up to make the improvements? I work in my own private facility and it is easy to fix orthopedic issues,technical issues and so forth as I see them. Are you able to make adjustments individually with busy competition schedule and are the coaches easy to work with when these issues come up?
    Even though your screening is very in depth and better than alot of the more popular ones in my opinion i’m sure you have instances where under higher velocities and heavier loads issues present themselves that maybe were fine during the screening.Not saying that pre-screening is not a good idea and catches issues before they become bigger issues.

mm
    10/11/2014 at 18:01 #15951

Hi Brian,

I agree with you. It is tough to do it, but if the culture is right it is possible. Sometimes we miss the elephant in the room and prescribe too much ‘individualized corrective’ exercises, instead of covering all the bases first.

Mladen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.