Programming for conditioning…help/how to?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Estevan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • 27/02/2018 at 06:12 #22165

I’m trying to find advice on how to program for conditioning from a real world perspective. What process do you use when working from initial idea and research through to actually doing it. This is what I’m unsure of.

I have been reading my physiology textbook and it describes the energy systems and the adaptions that occur to the energy systems as a result of training. On a basic level I am good with this and understand it.

– My first step would be something like me saying “Ok, my athletes need to improve their aerobic capacity, what will do this ?”

– So my next step would be to ask myself “what can I do with the athletes to make these adaptions occur ?”

– I then devise some exercises/routines etc for them to carry out.

I feel I am making it more complicated than it needs to be but I like to the reading first and have an understanding. I’d love to hear how others go about programming for conditioning and what steps and processes they follow .

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.