Tactical Periodization: Interview with two of my colleagues

Welcome to Complementary Training Community! Forums Complementary Training Blog Posts and Articles Tactical Periodization: Interview with two of my colleagues

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mladen Jovanovic 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 12/12/2014 at 07:26 #16010

Tactical periodization is currently the hot topic of the most team sports periodization (planning) talks and discussions.  I think it has a lot to off
    [See the full post at: Tactical Periodization: Interview with two of my colleagues ]

13/12/2014 at 00:33 #16018

Mladen,
    Please excuse me for my ignorance, but regarding physical preparation for soccer, I have a very simple question: How do you know when a player (or the team) has had a sufficient dosage and is ready to play a 90 minute game at the desired intensity? I don’t have access to expensive HR or GPS equipment, and I suffer from the typically short college pre-season, so my problem is always one of prescribing physical conditioning exercises without the necessary feedback to tell me that the prescription is good or I need to increase the volume or intensity.

14/12/2014 at 23:31 #16019

Hi Chuck,

That is very good question – pretty simple, but very hard to answer. Most likely impossible to answer without measurement. Game performance (from physical standpoint) is constrained by both individual qualities and game demands at hand. Hence, to evaluate performance and it’s limiters we need to measure both, or at least keep one ‘fixed’. Assuming ‘fixed’ or stable physical qualities of the player, certain physical activity metrics can vary more than 30% (CV > 0.3). So, I am not sure how good the game performance (physical, as distance covered and other metrics) are good in judging if someone is ‘ready’ or even if one is playing well (and this includes the drop in distances in the last minutes). Maybe this depends on a level of the player and his current individual qualities. There are too many questions and assumptions to make this more causative (the link btwn individual potential and game expression)

For this reason I like to measure ‘potential’ instead – like MAS or other metrics where we have “tactics” fixed. My suggestion would be to see the normative levels of the players at similar playing level in pre/in season in certain tests and see where your guys are.

Not sure I have helped you here 🙂

Mladen

15/12/2014 at 05:39 #16020

Mladen,

Great article. Any idea when Juan Luis Delgado-Bordonau and Jose Alberto Mendez-Villanueva will be releasing their book in english and where it will be available so we can keep our eyes out for it?

Darrell

15/12/2014 at 21:26 #16025

Hi Darrel,

Just ask them yesterday. They are both very busy with their teams, so not that soon. Will try to push them. In the mean time there is one book in English on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Periodization-Practical-Application-2011-2013-ebook/dp/B00MPDPGRM

Mladen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.