Tennis movement – is "speed work" enough?

Welcome to Complementary Training Community! Forums Team Sports and Sport Games Tennis movement – is "speed work" enough?

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Riding 4 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 29/11/2020 at 11:53 #30322

Hi all,

Do we have any coaches or staff who work in tennis?
    If so, what are your thoughts on tennis movement? Do you coach it? or do you leave that to the tennis coach?

We work a lot of CoD and linear speed as well as some multi-directional speed. Typically, I would say the tennis coach looks after the tennis specific movement unless there are any glaring inefficiencies where we can work together more closely.

26/12/2020 at 04:42 #30717

SO I work with Division 1 Collegiate Womens Tennis. I dont worry about tennis movement, I leave it to the sport coach. I’ve found that we work on Linear accel, COD, and first step agility/reaction.

21/01/2021 at 12:57 #30992

Thanks for replying.
    What do you think about conditioning in tennis? I work with youth athletes and find that the coaches (and athletes) drift towards longer steady state running.
    I’ve been playing around with some extensive tempo ideas recently. We’ve dabbled in some longer aerobic intervals. Also used some repeat sprint ability intervals closer to competition.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.