Force-Velocity Profiling and Training Optimization Course
MODULE 1 – Installation (Part 2): vjsim Basics
In this video, I will explain you the vjsim package. vjsim is not only a simulator and educational tool, but it also contains functions for analysis and plotting of the squat jump data (like the one below):
As will be the case with all the analysis videos in this course, I will provide both R Markdown and compiled PDFs under the course video. To explore more about vjsim and optimization model by Samozino et al. please check the references provided and also make sure to visit: mladenjovanovic.github.io/vjsim page and read all the vignettes and use the Shiny simulator.
- Jiménez-Reyes P, Samozino P, Brughelli M, Morin J-B. 2017. Effectiveness of an Individualized Training Based on Force-Velocity Profiling during Jumping. Frontiers in Physiology 7. DOI: 10.3389/fphys.2016.00677.
- Jiménez-Reyes P, Samozino P, Morin J-B. 2019. Optimized training for jumping performance using the force-velocity imbalance: Individual adaptation kinetics. PLOS ONE 14:e0216681. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0216681.
- Jovanović M. 2020. vjsim: Vertical jump simulator. DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.3740291.
- Samozino P. 2018a. A Simple Method for Measuring Lower Limb Force, Velocity and Power Capabilities During Jumping. In: Morin J-B
- Samozino P eds. Biomechanics of Training and Testing. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 65–96. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-05633-3-4.
- Samozino P. 2018b. Optimal Force-Velocity Profile in Ballistic Push-off: Measurement and Relationship with Performance. In: Morin J-B
- Samozino P eds. Biomechanics of Training and Testing. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 97–119. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-05633-3-5.
- Samozino P, Morin J-B, Hintzy F, Belli A. 2008. A simple method for measuring force, velocity and power output during squat jump. Journal of Biomechanics 41:2940–2945. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2008.07.028.
- Samozino P, Morin J-B, Hintzy F, Belli A. 2010. Jumping ability: A theoretical integrative approach. Journal of Theoretical Biology 264:11–18. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtbi.2010.01.021.
- Samozino P, Rejc E, Di Prampero PE, Belli A, Morin J-B. 2012. Optimal Force–Velocity Profile in Ballistic Movements—Altius: Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 44:313–322. DOI: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e31822d757a.