Force-Velocity Profiling and Training Optimization Course:
MODULE 3: Measurement – Part 2
Exercises, Setup, and Instruments
In this video, I am explaining how does the GymAware and Flex works, as well as my thought regarding what should be a jumping position. In research, usually, the jumping position is when the knees hit the 90 degrees, but I want this jump profiling to have as much similarity to a natural jump as possible. For this reason, I am presenting another approach that could be utilized.
One of the utmost importance in Force-Velocity (and Load-Velocity) profiling to keep technique consistent across loads, and usually, this refers to the same starting position, as well as to avoid the counter-movements (for the squat jump profiling). I am explaining how to achieve that with the hex bar and later with the squat jump.
Moving to a more specific exercise, hex bar jump, I am explaining how to estimate the push-off distance using GymAware and Flex.
- Jovanović M. 2020a.bmbstats: Magnitude-based statistics for sports scientists. Available at https://mladenjovanovic.github.io/bmbstats-book/
- Jovanović, Mladen. 2020b. bmbstats: Bootstrap Magnitude-Based Statistics. R-Package. Belgrade, Serbia. https://github.com/mladenjovanovic/bmbstats.
- Keogh RH, Shaw PA, Gustafson P, Carroll RJ, Deffner V, Dodd KW, Küchenhoff H, Tooze JA, Wallace MP, Kipnis V, Freedman LS. 2020. STRATOS guidance document on measurement error and misclassification of variables in observational epidemiology: Part 1-Basic theory and simple methods of adjustment. Statistics in Medicine. DOI: 10.1002/sim.8532.
- Lederer W, Küchenhoff H. 2006. A short introduction to the SIMEX and MCSIMEX. R News 6.
- Shang Y. 2012. Measurement Error Adjustment Using the SIMEX Method: An Application to Student Growth Percentiles: Measurement Error Adjustment Using the SIMEX Method. Journal of Educational Measurement 49:446–465. DOI: 10.1111/j.1745-3984.2012.00186.x.
- Shaw PA, Gustafson P, Carroll RJ, Deffner V, Dodd KW, Keogh RH, Kipnis V, Tooze JA, Wallace MP, Küchenhoff H, Freedman LS. 2020. STRATOS guidance document on measurement error and misclassification of variables in observational epidemiology: Part 2-More complex methods of adjustment and advanced topics. Statistics in Medicine. DOI: 10.1002/sim.8531.
- Wallace M. 2020. Analysis in an imperfect world. Significance 17:14–19. DOI: 10.1111/j.1740-9713.2020.01353.x.