Force-Velocity Profiling and Training Optimization Course:
MODULE 3: Measurement – Part 5
In this video I am demonstrating the profiling process using the squat jumps from 20kg to 80kg, each load repeated for three trials. Jumps are measured with the GymAware and Flex instruments and you can also see the screens of my iPad and iPhone. For some reason, Flex seemed to bug during the squat jump profiling. This topic is further discussed in Module 4 of this course when I analyze the collected data.
- Jovanović M. 2020a.bmbstats: Magnitude-based statistics for sports scientists. Available at https://mladenjovanovic.github.io/bmbstats-book/
- Jovanović, Mladen. 2020b. bmbstats: Bootstrap Magnitude-Based Statistics. R-Package. Belgrade, Serbia. https://github.com/mladenjovanovic/bmbstats.
- Keogh RH, Shaw PA, Gustafson P, Carroll RJ, Deffner V, Dodd KW, Küchenhoff H, Tooze JA, Wallace MP, Kipnis V, Freedman LS. 2020. STRATOS guidance document on measurement error and misclassification of variables in observational epidemiology: Part 1-Basic theory and simple methods of adjustment. Statistics in Medicine. DOI: 10.1002/sim.8532.
- Lederer W, Küchenhoff H. 2006. A short introduction to the SIMEX and MCSIMEX. R News 6.
- Shang Y. 2012. Measurement Error Adjustment Using the SIMEX Method: An Application to Student Growth Percentiles: Measurement Error Adjustment Using the SIMEX Method. Journal of Educational Measurement 49:446–465. DOI: 10.1111/j.1745-3984.2012.00186.x.
- Shaw PA, Gustafson P, Carroll RJ, Deffner V, Dodd KW, Keogh RH, Kipnis V, Tooze JA, Wallace MP, Küchenhoff H, Freedman LS. 2020. STRATOS guidance document on measurement error and misclassification of variables in observational epidemiology: Part 2-More complex methods of adjustment and advanced topics. Statistics in Medicine. DOI: 10.1002/sim.8531.
- Wallace M. 2020. Analysis in an imperfect world. Significance 17:14–19. DOI: 10.1111/j.1740-9713.2020.01353.x.