Force-Velocity Profiling and Training Optimization Course:
MODULE 4: Analysis – Part 3
In this video we are continuing with the Force-Velocity analysis and optimization using R and vjsim package. I am explaining the different training recommendations I’ve got from analyzing the two profiles: hex bar jump and squat jump and how to reconcile with this conundrum.
- Jiménez-Reyes P, Samozino P, Brughelli M, Morin J-B. 2017. Effectiveness of an Individualized Training Based on Force-Velocity Profiling during Jumping. Frontiers in Physiology 7. DOI: 10.3389/fphys.2016.00677.
- Jiménez-Reyes P, Samozino P, Morin J-B. 2019. Optimized training for jumping performance using the force-velocity imbalance: Individual adaptation kinetics. PLOS ONE 14:e0216681. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0216681.
- Jovanović M. 2020. vjsim: Vertical jump simulator. DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.3740291.
Samozino P. 2018a. A Simple Method for Measuring Lower Limb Force, Velocity and Power Capabilities During Jumping. In: Morin J-B,
- Samozino P eds. Biomechanics of Training and Testing. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 65–96. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-05633-34.
- Samozino P. 2018b. Optimal Force-Velocity Profile in Ballistic Push-off: Measurement and Relationship with Performance. In: Morin J-B,
- Samozino P eds. Biomechanics of Training and Testing. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 97–119. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-05633-35.
- Samozino P, Morin J-B, Hintzy F, Belli A. 2008. A simple method for measuring force, velocity and power output during squat jump. Journal of Biomechanics 41:2940–2945. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2008.07.028.
- Samozino P, Morin J-B, Hintzy F, Belli A. 2010. Jumping ability: A theoretical integrative approach. Journal of Theoretical Biology 264:11–18. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtbi.2010.01.021.
- Samozino P, Rejc E, Di Prampero PE, Belli A, Morin J-B. 2012. Optimal Force–Velocity Profile in Ballistic Movements—Altius: Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 44:313–322. DOI: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e31822d757a.