Force-Velocity Profiling and Training Optimization Course:
MODULE 4: Analysis – Part 4
In this video, I am providing extra material that deals with agreement analysis, as well as a pilot validity analysis between GymAware and Flex instruments. I am using bmbstats package, which you can read more about in the links provided below the video.
- Bland, J. M., and D. G. Altman. 1986. “Statistical Methods for Assessing Agreement Between Two Methods of Clinical Measurement.” Lancet (London, England) 1 (8476): 307–10.
- Borsboom, Denny. 2009. Measuring the Mind: Conceptual Issues in Modern Psychometrics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Giavarina, Davide. 2015. “Understanding Bland Altman Analysis.” Biochemia Medica 25 (2): 141–51. https://doi.org/10.11613/BM.2015.015.
- Hopkins, Will. 2015. “Spreadsheets for Analysis of Validity and Reliability.” Sportscience.org, 9.
- Hopkins, Will G. 2004b. “Bias in Bland-Altman but Not Regression Validity Analyses.” Sportscience.org. https://sportsci.org/jour/04/wghbias.htm.
- Hopkins, Will G. 2010. “A Socratic Dialogue on Comparison of Measures.” Sportscience.org. http://www.sportsci.org/2010/wghmeasures.htm.
- Jovanović M. 2020a.bmbstats: Magnitude-based statistics for sports scientists. Available at https://mladenjovanovic.github.io/bmbstats-book/
- Jovanović, Mladen. 2020b. bmbstats: Bootstrap Magnitude-Based Statistics. R-Package. Belgrade, Serbia. https://github.com/mladenjovanovic/bmbstats.
- Ludbrook, John. 1997. “SPECIAL ARTICLE COMPARING METHODS OF MEASUREMENT.” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology 24 (2): 193–203. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1681.1997.tb01807.x.
- Ludbrook, John. 2002. “Statistical Techniques for Comparing Measurers and Methods of Measurement: A Critical Review.” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology 29 (7): 527–36. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-1681.2002.03686.x.
- Ludbrook, John. 2010. “Linear Regression Analysis for Comparing Two Measurers or Methods of Measurement: But Which Regression?: Linear Regression for Comparing Methods.” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology 37 (7): 692–99. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1681.2010.05376.x.
- Ludbrook, John. 2012. “A Primer for Biomedical Scientists on How to Execute Model II Linear Regression Analysis: Model II Linear Regression Analysis.” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology 39 (4): 329–35. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1681.2011.05643.x.
- Mullineaux, David R., Christopher A. Barnes, and Alan M. Batterham. 1999. “Assessment of Bias in Comparing Measurements: A Reliability Example.” Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science 3 (4): 195–205. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327841mpee03041.
- Wallace, Michael. 2020. “Analysis in an Imperfect World.” Significance 17 (1): 14–19. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1740-9713.2020.01353.x.