Great New Job Opportunity! PUSH is hiring a Data Scientist
PUSH is a world leading sport technology company that builds innovative solutions to help athletes perform at their best. Their technology is intuitive, comprehensive, actionable, and depended on by over 20+ professional sports teams and 50+ colleges worldwide as well as hundreds of training facilities and high schools.
The Data Scientist is a key role at PUSH, you will be working closely with the product team to help implement machine learning techniques to improve the product’s accuracy, reliability, and user experience. You will be working closely with everything from the raw motion data (Terabytes worth of data) to user meta data (15 million repetitions and counting). You will work closely with their Director of Sport Science to learn more about the domain and ensure that everything you do has the sport science stamp on it. You will also work closely with their Algorithms Engineer to ensure that you have a good understanding of how the raw signal data collected is transformed into meaningful meta data for coaches and athletes to use in their training.
At PUSH, you will:
- Get to solve really really challenging problems for elite athletes and coaches all over the world.
- Work with world-class sport science researchers on not only testing existing hypotheses in the space but developing new paradigms of thinking.
- Work closely with developers who are very passionate about data and analytics.
- Make a real impact at the highest level of sport for athletes and teams across the NFL, NHL, MLB and NBA.
- Graduate degree in Biomechanical/Biomedical engineering, Robotics, or Biomechanics
- Extensive experience working with time series motion data
- Applied multi-body modelling in different dynamical systems
- Familiarity with human movement patterns and motion characteristics
- Strong knowledge of Bayesian theory and probabilistic estimation methods
- Experience in machine learning for analytics and prediction
- Experience implementing predictive dynamics methods for different applications
- Competent scripting skills in R and/or Python.
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Demonstrated strong ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves that we’d love to see:
- Enjoys reading sport analytics (eg. fivethirtyeight)
- Worked in a tech startup
- Know your way around C++