MODULE 3: Template Design
In this video, Mike Tuchscherer is providing practical advice for planning the week. According to Mike, the template is not a program, but the order of work for a given week.
To design a template, follow these six steps:
- Step 1: What type of template are you designing?
- Training history (Frequency, Volume)
- Work schedule
- Training partners
- Kids / Spouse schedule
- Gym hours
- Your own willingness to train
- Other commitments
- Squat: primary, secondary, supplement
- Deadlift: primary, secondary, supplement
- Prime bench press: main, assistant, supplement
- Secondary bench press: main, assistant, supplement
Besides explaining the above steps, Mike also covers two special cases: deload and taper, and “flex” templates. To find out more, please watch the video below.