In this video I explain the difference between “traditional” and “undulating” programming.
I will also cover the following topics:
- The difference between “undulating periodization” and “undulating programming”
- The difference between variations and progressions (and similarities)
- Different combinations of workouts/exercises and set and rep schemes
- Uses of “randomizations” (covering the notion that “random workout” is NOT just a “out of your ass” approach to programming, but could be viable option)
- Dan John’s Bus vs. Park bench notions
- Dan John’s “Punching the Clock” workouts and their uses
- Increasing tools in you toolbox and applying them when needed
- Difference in programming for strength vs non-strength athetes
- Minimizing risk of bad load programming with randomizing workout within your group
- Different ways DUP principles could be applied within specific needs
- Avoiding peaking too soon and emotional burnout with too quick progressions (i.e. delaying progressions)
- And much more…
The Excel workbook is also provided together with the video.